It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:59 am

the unisphere

a forum to discuss the works of Peter F Hamilton

Peter's New Salvation Trilogy

A place for any news or announcements relating to either Peter F Hamilton or this site

Peter's New Salvation Trilogy

Post by Gore Burnelli » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:20 pm

Peter mentioned on his book signing tour for night Without Stars that he was working on a new series provisionally entitled "The Salvation Trilogy". Here are a few scraps from his website - these no-longer appear on his Facebook page -

Several people have asked about Salvation, so a (very) brief summary... Set in 2204, an abandoned alien spaceship is discovered 90 light years from Earth, in an uninhabited star system, by the first human starship to reach that far. A team of politically connected officials from various factions, all of whom have their own agenda, are sent to assess if it is a threat. What could possibly go wrong?

I've been in a self-imposed editing exile for the last month or so. But the first round of alterations to the manuscript for Salvation are now done, and have been handed back to my editor(s)... I started volume two, Salvation Lost (part 3 is The Saints Of Salvation), on Thursday.

https://www.panmacmillan.com/authors/peter-f-hamilton

Not a lot of detail there, but at least we know that he hasn't forgotten about us!!!
Of all the things I value most in life,
I see my memories, and feel their warmth
And know that they are good,
You know that I should!

Re: Peter's New Salvation Trilogy

Post by Gore Burnelli » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:17 am

Peter's book-signing tour dates -

Uk Tour for Salvation.

As always, apologies if I'm not visiting your city/town/village/hamlet/pub. I don't get to pick the venues.
There are still two extra local events which I'll confirm as soon as the paperwork comes through. As you can see, I'm doing a couple with Al again, then Steve and I are heading out to meet you, with a couple of guest star appearances from Adrian.
Extra details: time, tickets, etc on the links below.
If you want to bring your collection of my books, or just a few of them (cue weight / size / wheeled suitcase jokes) for me to sign I'm happy to do so. Note, the more you bring, the more likely you'll be asked to wait at the back of the queue. But I will get round to them.
Looking forward to meeting you.
PS at the Q&A, no asking: where do you get your ideas from!

UK TOUR
- Fri 31 Aug: Wells Waterstones (stock signing -so time TBC)
- Mon 3rd Sept: Swansea Waterstones, lunchtime, with Alastair Reynolds
- Mon 3rd Sept: Cardiff Waterstones, Evening, with Alastair Reynolds
- Tues 4th Sept: London, lunchtime – Forbidden Planet signing with Stephen Baxter
- Tues 4th Sept: London, Evening – Waterstones Piccadilly, with Stephen Baxter and Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Weds 5th Sept: Birmingham Waterstones, lunchtime, with Stephen Baxter
- Weds 5th Sept: Leeds, Evening, Waterstones, with Stephen Baxter and Adrian)
- Thurs 6th Sept: Newcastle, Waterstones, lunchtime,, with Stephen Baxter
- Thurs 6th Sept: Edinburgh Blackwells, Evening, with Stephen Baxter
- Fri 7th Sept: Glasgow Waterstones, lunchtime, with Stephen Baxter

No Liverpool or Manchester dates, so I won't be able to make this one.
Of all the things I value most in life,
I see my memories, and feel their warmth
And know that they are good,
You know that I should!

Return to News & Announcements